The Directors Roundtable Institute Invites You to Attend a Program
For Boards of Directors & Their Advisors
SEC SPEAKS ABOUT WHISTLEBLOWERS
Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 8:30 – 10:00 A.M. (8:00 A.M. Registration)
Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, 2821 Turtle Creek Blvd., Dallas, Texas 75219
There is no fee to attend and breakfast will be served.
1.5 Hours of Texas MCLE is pending.*
We invite you to join Sean McKessy, the Chief of the SEC’s Office of the Whistleblower, and others for a discussion concerning the SEC’s burgeoning whistleblower program and how it is impacting corporations and their officers, directors, and legal advisers. The Distinguished Speakers will analyze these and other critical whistleblower issues, including:
- Whether employee confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements run afoul of SEC whistleblower rules (companies may have to review/revise their numerous or even thousands of these employee agreements nationally and globally).
- Actions by the SEC to encourage and incentivize reporting of potential securities law violations including awards up to millions of dollars.
- Steps corporations may take to encourage internal reporting and internal remediation of potential securities law violations.
- Certain company activities that may be construed as retaliation or an improper whistleblower impediment.
The Directors Roundtable Institute is a not-for-profit which organizes worldwide programming for Directors and their advisors.
* Application has been made for Minimum Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) credit with the State Bar of Texas Committee on MCLE in the amount of 1.50 hours.