|The Directors Roundtable Invites You to Attend a ProgramVolatility in energy markets is affecting producers, consumers, and investors. These Distinguished Speakers will begin with an overview of energy markets, dealmaking, arbitration, and court proceedings. They will then focus on the dramatic example of the drop in natural gas prices which is resulting in mergers, Chapter 11s, and disputed contracts affecting issues such as the following:
For Boards of Directors and Their Advisors
OPPORTUNITIES & CHALLENGES IN ENERGY:
• M&A and Bankruptcy Dealmaking
• Litigating Disputed Contracts
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
8:30 – 10:30 A.M. (8:00 A.M. Registration)
The Harvard Club, 35 W. 44th Street, New York
There is no fee to attend and continental breakfast will be served.
Two hours of New York CLE credits are pending.
• While the prior investors of troubled producers are facing losses, new investors are finding opportunities to purchase companies and assets including power plants, both in and out of Chapter 11.
• Supply and other contracts, some involving as much as hundreds of millions of dollars, are frequently being arbitrated or litigated in American and foreign courts with major financial stakes. Bankruptcies and asset transfers are adding to the already complex nature of these proceedings, including the potential pitfalls of the authority of arbitrators and the enforceability of their awards.
- John Cary, Managing Director - Investment Banking, Kinetic Advisors LLC
- Jerry Mozian, Managing Director - Restructuring, Kinetic Advisors LLC
- Anthony Bongiorno, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery
- Iskender “Alex” Catto, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery
- Kenneth Grant, Senior Managing Director, Compass Lexecon
Selected Biographies and Materials