|The Harvard Business School Association of BostonBusiness strategies and economic growth will be affected by government spending, taxes, deficits, and regulations. The response of business to these government actions will shape the corporate, investment, and employment outlook and elections for the years ahead and the 2012 elections.
and the Directors Roundtable
INVITATION TO ATTEND
U.S. ECONOMIC & REGULATORY OUTLOOK:
IMPLICATIONS FOR CORPORATE LEADERS
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
6:30 – 8:30 P.M. (5:30 P.M. Registration)
Harvard Business School, Williams Room, Spangler Hall - reception/Burden Hall - program, Boston
There is no fee to attend. A light stand-up dinner and an opportunity to network
will be provided until the end of registration at 6:30.
Nobel Laureate Professor Peter Diamond will speak on U.S. unemployment and debt. The Distinguished Panelists will discuss key government policies which may be inadequately communicated by the media and the political realities which will determine Washington’s next moves. These topics include major economic, investment, and regulatory scenarios which Boards of Directors, C-Suite Executives, and Investors may face. Introductions will be made by Patrick Canning, Managing Partner (Boston), KPMG LLP.
Welcome by Rick Williams, President of The Equity Company, Inc. and President of the Harvard Business School Association of Boston.
The Harvard Business School Association of Boston sponsors leadership forums for the Boston business community www.HBSAB.org.
- SPECIAL GUEST,
- Prof. Peter Diamond, Professor Emeritus, Massachusetts Institute of Technology,
Nobel Laureate in Economics
- DISTINGUISHED PANELISTS,
- Chris Wolfe, Chief Investment Officer, Merrill Lynch Private Banking & Investment Group
- Alexandra Nunez, Political Director for Senator John Kerry, Washington, DC
- Stephen Allis, Partner, Office of Government Affairs, KPMG LLP
- Heath Tarbert, Partner, Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP;
Former Special Counsel to the Senate Banking Committee
- Joseph Basile (Moderator), Managing Partner (Boston), Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
Selected Biographies and Materials